Thursday 5 April 2007

El Cerdo

A very popular restaurant located on Changkat Bukit Bintang. It proudly calls itself a place for nose to tail eating. Used to be located at a much smaller venue on Changkat Tong Shin. It recently moved to this larger location a few months back. Atmosphere was rather noisy, demographics seem to more towards the 30-55 year old crowd (in our assessment, lots of aunties and uncles), tons of pictures of piggys everywhere. Anyway, was the food any good? Yea it was, I had a small roast pork knuckle and he had ribs. Good but pricey yeah. It was very much in the Deutsche Hauus type of pricing. I suppose since pork is not readily available here, it gives them an excuse to jack up the prices. I think the next time we go back, we should try the roast piglet, it looks quite interesting. They throw plates on the floor after using it to cut up the piggy! Don't know if I can stand the sight of a dead piggy staring at me while I eat but these are the sacrifices one must make to try good food!

Price 4/5, Taste 4/5, Atmosphere 3/5 (would have been higher had it not been for the big table of uncles and aunties making so much noise), Service 3.5/5

1 comment:

Mr Incognito said...

Found this while doing some research for my latest post. 4/5 for taste eh? I'll just have to take your word for it :)