Saturday 31 March 2007

La Risata

Human twins, The PETRONAS twin towers etc. Well, not exactly 100% alike, but when you hear the word twin, you would think they are at more similar than not.

The success of McDonalds, Burger King, Starbucks, Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf and other fast food (and drink) outlets is partly due to the fact that they serve consistent food (and drink) everywhere you go in the world. So, where exactly am I getting at- get to the point mate. Ok ok.

Feeling hungry (very) we left the office for dinner on a Friday night (9pm). We agreed that morning that ok-lar, since we have not had Italian for some time (2 weeks!!! can you imagine), we would go to our usual old fav, La Risata. But this time we would want to go to the "main" branch in Medan Damansara. We arrived and parked near to Gills (serves North Indian cuisine) and rather quickly proceeded to La Risata.

I order the sea bass and she ordered the "Melt in Your Mouth Potato Gnocchi with a Four Cheese Sauce". I must say that the fish was so bad, I seriously considered not finishing it, but I did-lar, coz I always always finish my food, unless it is inedible. I tried her Gnocchi and melt it didn't in my mouth. I wonder I can sue them for that. We compared the food at this 'joint' to the heavenly true italian restaurant in Ampang - their "twin" and our conclusion was other than the fact that the menu and the interior deco is the same, nothing else was.

To add to the bad food that we had, there was this American guy sitting in the next table that talked non-stop very loudly and was being obnoxious (God - he likes the sound of his own voice she would say).

And the service was bad too.

Another place that do not deserve any rating. Oh my god, I still can't believe that I finish the fish ... eiyoooo...... uuuuu ......

Oh ya, the RM18 Sangria was so bad, she only took a sip of it and left it there. Naturally, I took it and finish it lar - with my nose closed (didn't-lar but wanted to).

Sigh... what a waste.

No comments: