Friday 16 March 2007

Cava - Bangsar

Cava

We were suppose to go to Opus for some good Italian food, but there was only one table available ..... outside with 'those' people. OK, better not otherwise I will get very agitated.

Walked down and thought we would give this place a try, Mediterranean food ... tapas ... do I feel like it. Hey, they have steak. Been wanting to have steak for a few days .... hmmm ..... ok, why not, lets give it a try.

We had the Cava No. 1 and Sangria, supposedly their speciality. Hmmm .... I had better (also cheaper Sangria ... at La Risatta). Was not allowed to order the Prime Grill, coz she wants to have that. Ok fine, I will settle with the tenderloin, knowing that I would take half of her prime grill anyway, hehehe ....

Yes, yes, yes... the service was great. Attention to detail, responsive, prompt service etc etc. BUt more importantly, how was the food, you would ask. Well, my steak was done to perfection, medium rare. But somehow, the taste wasn't there. I tried the Prime Grill, hmmm .... and thought mine was better. I sincerely thought the steak at Victoria Station was much better. Yes, yes many would not agree. But if you want to try it out, lets have the Best Steak in Town challenge!

Day 1, visit Cava and try their Prime Grill - their signature, best cut. Day 2 (ok, lar maybe Day 3 or 4 ), visit Victoria Station and order the US tenderloin. Day 5, try La Risatta's. Give me your honest opinion. I personally would rank La Risatta as No. 1, the best place for steak in town, followed by VS (close 2nd) and Cava at 10th spot. Who occupies 3rd to 9th, you ask? Well, no one, in my opinion.

Price 4/5, Taste 2.5/5, Atmosphere 4/5,Service 5/5

No comments: