Sunday 25 March 2007

Monte's

This joint is located at the Bangsar Shopping Centre up the hill from trendy Bangsar. I just didn't feel like Chili's and this was the next 'best' compromise I guess.

There is this annoying waiter, well at least to me. "Would you like to order now"" and we said "No give us a minute". Then he said "Would you like to order some drinks now?" and we said "Not now, please give us a minute". He went to serve the next table and after like, 5 seconds came back to our table and ask us "Would you like to order now, maybe drinks first?". You wouldn't want to see my face now, trying to remembered how annoying it was.

The peppermint lamb was well season, but everything else was not. Everything includes the side vegetables, potatoes etc.

My lamb shank is something you would want to AVOID all together. IF you are forced to go to Monte's, I would suggest that you order the salad and quietly move on to the next restaurant. Just tell them you are on a diet. They may just not believe you, just tell them you have just gone to the gym and the fitness instructor told you that you have 40% body fat! Trust me, they would understand and symphatise with you. Maybe even encourage you to eat more of the green grass.

Some bloggers said that the escargot is to die for. I trully believe that if a place can serve such bad lamb shank, mashed potatoes, side steamed vegetables I can't believe they can do anything well. Except salad, lar.

Avoid avoid avoid avoid, I would pay you money to avoid this place-lar. Yes, its that bad. No ratings deserved.

1 comment:

Cal said...

The guy was not that annoying and my food was pretty good. You ordered the wrong thing - seriously!!